Date required: 1/15/14
Type: Contract to Hire – Term: 6 Months +
Location: Mountain View/ San Jose
We’re seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our clients’ SaaS Operations team. He/She will be responsible for supporting cloud deployment Programs into a Global SaaS platform. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include: collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technical field
- PMP (or similar project management) certification required
- 5+ years of professional cloud compute work experience, ideally in global management and operations of highly trafficked customer-facing applications
- 4+ years’ experience successfully deploying Cloud technologies in a global environment.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of SCRUM/agile Project Management experience.
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Proven track record in deploying automation to Cloud Operations & Services in both internal and external Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Clear presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid understanding of technical issues and opportunities related to modern cloud infrastructure and operations
- Good general knowledge of Internet technology and software development lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience interacting and collaborating across all levels of the organization, customers, and external contacts with a professional demeanor and diplomacy
- Establish appropriate policies and procedures that help drive reliability, efficiency, accuracy, and customer trust
- Key contributor to strategy development and implementation of PMO practices
- Work with the Service Owner(s) to ensure that processes are designed to meet the organizations requirement for effectiveness and efficiency in meeting service level commitments as agreed
- Ensure that all Project stakeholders are continuously kept abreast of process standards
- Ensure that metrics and measurements for compliance to implemented processes are developed and documented
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills who can represent this organization at all levels
- Managing escalation processes and incident management systems for efficiently reacting to service availability and quality issues
- Drive innovation and integration of new processes and technologies into projects and activities in the organization
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence team members to achieve program objectives
This position is Contract to Hire. Candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card please apply.
Apply to this position: